India: What next?
- Tracking important policy and regulatory changes for investors under the new government
- GIRT Hamburg invites to its next meeting on August 26, 2019, 6 PM
India is making headlines. Moreover, it is making news not only for the recent political decisions involving recent policy measures in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). For the first time in several decades, a sitting government has been returned to office in India with a full – and even increased – majority, in the largest democratic electoral exercise of the world.
Many experts interpret the clear majority for the ruling alliance as a direct mandate for Prime Minister Narendra Modi to undertake far-reaching reforms in the country. PM Modi has already announced his vision to turn India into a $5 trillion economy by 2024.
Significant reforms are needed to achieve this vision, especially in the face of reports of a slowdown in the economy. On the other hand, the country is witnessing many innovations and is making progress with digitalization.
The recent steps taken by the government for a full national integration of Jammu & Kashmir are also likely to have significant implications for the business and regulatory environment in the medium to long run.
It is in the backdrop of these developments that we invite you to our next meeting, which will be held on August 26, 2019 at 6 PM in the premises of Taylor Wessing.
- The meeting will begin with a brief welcome by Dr. Philipp Behrendt, Partner at Taylor Wessing and and by Dr. Rajnish Tiwari, Head of GIRT Hamburg.
- His Excellence, Mr. Madan Lal Raigar, India’s Consul General in Hamburg, will grace the occasion as the guest of honour and deliver a welcome address.
- The main keynote at the event will be by Ms. Iris Winkler, a well-noted India expert and Senior Manager at PwC. Ms. Winkler will provide new insights on the latest investment scenario in India. She will also highlight some important policy measures introduced by the new government in its recent budget and the changes associated with them for investors.
This will be followed by a networking opportunity over snacks and a majestic view across the Elbphilharmony. The event is kindly supported by Taylor Wessing.
The event details are as below:
- Date: August 26, 2019 (18:00 – 20.00 hours)
- Place: Taylor Wessing
Hanseatic Trade Center, Am Sandtorkai 41, 20457 Hamburg
Our events are generally bi-lingual to allow interaction with all interested persons without language barriers. The meeting will provide ample opportunity for “networking” with snacks and finger food.
The participation is free of charge but requires prior and binding registration by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 22, 2019. To enable a quality discussion, we reserve the right to admission and shall confirm the accepted registrations.
Looking forward to an interesting and informative get together!